Zyxel WiFi 6 Access Point with Smart Antennas Delivers Performance, Affordability for High-Density Environments
WAX630S 802.11ax Dual-Radio Unified Pro Access Point Mitigates Co-channel and 4G/5G Interference to Deliver Ultra-Fast Speeds and Consistent Performance in Environments with Large Numbers of Client Devices
ANAHEIM, Calif.--(March 15,n2022)--Zyxel Networks, a leader in delivering secure, AI- and cloud-powered business and home networking solutions, today announced the launch of WAX630S 802.11ax (WiFi 6) Dual-Radio Unified Pro Access Point, an affordable, high-performance, business-class WiFi 6 access point. Ideal for use in high-density environments such as hospitality and retail locations, WAX630S features built-in smart antennas that mitigate interference and boost WiFi 6 performance.
Delivering a maximum data rate of 2975 Mbps, WAX630S is a true WiFi 6 access point that is features a 2.5GbE uplink port to work with multi-gigabit Ethernet switches such as Zyxel’s XS1930 Series Multi-Gigabit Smart Managed Switches to deliver uncompromising wireless multi-gigabit speeds. The efficient WAX630S delivers impressive performance while maintaining power consumption within the PoE+ standard, enabling the access points to be easily deployed and powered by PoE switches such as the XS1930 series, without the need for re-cabling.
Benefits of WAX630S 802.11ax (WiFi 6) Dual-Radio Unified Pro Access Point
- Next-Generation WiFi – Features six spatial streams (4x4:4 in 5 GHz, 2x2:2 in 2.4 GHz), OFDMA and MU-MIMO technologies to provide ultra-fast speed and consistent performance. WAX630S provides scale-up capacity to support hundreds of client devices while maintaining a steady aggregated throughput. Orthogonal frequency-division multiple access (ODFMA) and Basic Service Set (BSS) coloring allows multiple access points to be used in the same vicinity without fear of co-channel interference.
- Built-In Smart Antenna Technology – Mitigates co-channel interference and continuously monitors the connection to dynamically adjust antenna patterns to optimize performance to every connected device.
- Flexible Management –NebulaFlex™ Pro provides extensive flexibility by enabling the access point to be run in standalone mode, managed via an on-premises controller, or cloud-managed as a component of a scalable, feature-rich, centrally-managed network using Zyxel’s intuitive Nebula Control Center.
- Coexists with 4G/5G Cellular Networks – Built-in 4G/5G interference filters minimize interference from 4G/5G antennas and signal boosters, enabling both 4G/5G mobile devices and the WiFi network to coexist and operate smoothly and optimally.
- Optimized Wireless Experience – Dynamic Channel Selection (DCS) minimizes the interference of co-channel and overlapping channels. Load Balancing enables administrators to set limits on the number of client devices associated with each AP. Smart Client Steering monitors the capabilities of each wireless client and steers them to the less-congested band and AP with stronger signals.
“The large volume of mobile devices accessing WiFi and cellular networks can pose significant challenges to providing fast, reliable wireless network connectivity in high-density environments,” explained Shawn Rogers, Market Development Manager at Zyxel Networks. “The new WAX630S with its integrated smart antennas provides SMBs with a flexible, affordable, easy-to-manage WiFi 6 solution that provides a faster and smarter connection to client devices every time they connect to the WiFi.”
Zyxel WAX630S 802.11ax (WiFi 6) Dual-Radio Unified Pro Access Point carries a limited lifetime warranty and is available now through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-commerce partners at a street price of $379.99 USD.
Since their first day in business over 30 years ago, Zyxel has kept business and home users online with a focus on innovation and customer-centric service. In 1989, this was accomplished with analog modems. Today, the company combines the benefits of artificial intelligence (AI) and the cloud to deliver rapid, reliable, and secure networking solutions for business and home users.
Zyxel is a global force in the communications market with an unrivaled international presence that includes:
- 150 markets served
- 1,000,000 businesses working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 100 million devices creating global connections
We’re building the networks of tomorrow, unlocking potential, and meeting the needs of the modern workplace—powering people at work, play, and life.