Zyxel believes a responsible enterprise that fulfills its social responsibilities through application of its core values, generating positive influence and persuade society to contribute as well. We reserve a high percentage of its revenue to invest on research and development. Not only for future Internet life for better quality, but also for fostering the potential talents and the community.
Board of directors
The Zyxel Board of Directors currently consists of nine directors, including two independent positions. All Zyxel Board members are industry professionals. Zyxel continuously updates board members on the company’s status and provides reviews to the financial consultant.
Zyxel’s holding company, Unizyx, established a Compensation Committee to regularly assess the performance and compensation of directors and board supervisors. The Committee meets semi-annually to evaluate and amend policies on performance and provide compensation assessments of Unizyx directors, supervisors, and managers.
To strengthen corporate governance and solidify the supervisory functions of the board, Zyxel’s holding company, Unizyx, established an Audit Committee to provide professional, independent insights to support the board's decision-making process.
For more information, please go to Unizyx Group.
Business Ethics Code of Conduct
Zyxel developed a Code of Conduct to provide general guidance to all Zyxel Group employees and global suppliers. This ensures all parties carry out daily activities based on principles of ethical business practices and the letter and the spirit of applicable laws, as well as our corporate values.
- All employees’ and suppliers’ behaviors should comply with integrity and ethics.
- All employees and suppliers should comply with local laws, rules, and regulations while conducting business.
- Improve the service level and provide products fulfilling customers’ needs to gain business rather than provide improper interest to customers.
- Act in accordance with the standards of fair trades, commercial advertisements, and competition during business operations.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and quality of goods and services.
- All employees should not engage directly or indirectly in any bribes or activities that may be construed as corrupt business practices.
- Uphold the fair, open, and honest business attitude when dealing with customers, suppliers, and other external individuals or groups.
- Remain politically neutral and avoid making political contributions.
Information security management
To maintain the company’s competitive advantages in innovative technology capabilities and protect the interests of all stakeholders, Zyxel has established management policies for protecting intellectual property rights and confidential information control.
Zyxel believes active communication with stakeholders is imperative for the achievement of its long-term sustainability goal of pursuing corporate sustainability.
Committed to identifying and solving issues affecting all stakeholders, the Zyxel ESG Committee complies with the GRI Standards for Stakeholder Engagement, adopts the factors specified by the AA1000 Stakeholder Engagement Standard (AA1000SES), and heeds local and international trends in sustainable development as well as the needs of business operations.
The Committee identifies Zyxel’s stakeholders in 6 main categories:
The Committee holds regular meetings to discuss 15 critical issues:
- Financial performance
- Supplier management
- Employment development
- Regulation compliance
- Climate change
- Labor rights
- Government policy
- Energy conservation
- Employee care
- Ethics and integrity
- Product innovation and quality
- Occupational health and safety
- Information security
- Talent retention
- Social participation
Zyxel management develops its sustainability strategies based on the importance and relevance of the issues. The communication channels and activities related to each stakeholder category are described in the table below.