ZyXEL Demonstrates the Multimedia Auto Provisioner (MAP) Self Installation Kit
Hsinchu, May 2, 2005 -- ZyXEL Communications (TSE: 2391), world's leading broadband access solutions provider, today unveils its Multimedia Auto Provisioner (MAP). With its interactive multimedia interface, ZyXEL MAP guides users to easily navigate through the hardware installation and network configuration processes with the aid from the helpful instruction and animated displays.
"With relatively limited technical expertise comparing to professional network managers, most home users would encounter different levels of difficulties during the hardware installation process. These problems would keep products from functioning as supposed to, thus adding burdens to the support staff and cost of the channels or service providers," said Albert Ju, Assistant VP of ZyXEL's CPE Product Business. "ZyXEL MAP simplifies and streamlines the installation processes and coupled them with proactive multimedia tutorials. Following the on-screen instructions, the user can configure a ZyXEL device in five easy steps to hook up the home computer with the Internet."
Upon activation of the ZyXEL MAP CD, the MAP will assist the user to install the ZyXEL device in two stages:
- Installation Tutorial - Provides a product overview of the ZyXEL hardware, and explains how to set up and connect the device correctly.
- Configuration Genie - After completing all physical connections, the Configuration Genie program will perform a connection check-up, detect Internet access settings, configure the device, and then connect to Internet. Wireless users will proceed with WLAN settings through a pop-up window.
Through the friendly and intuitive interface of ZyXEL MAP, users can make changes to the presentation and displaying pace by pressing buttons on the navigation toolbar; such as animation/slide or play/pause/stop controls. Additionally, ZyXEL has the flexibility to customize and localize MAP for service providers to offer their very own version of MAP.
ZyXEL MAP supports Microsoft Windows 98 (SE), Millennium Edition (ME), 2000 and XP operating systems. The ZyXEL devices supported by MAP are:
- P-661H Series ADSL 2+ Security Gateway
- P-661HW Series 802.11g Wireless ADSL2+ Gateway
- P-660H Series ADSL 2+ 4-port Gateway
- P-660HW series 802.11g Wireless ADSL 2+ 4-port Gateway
- P-662H Series ADSL2+ 4-port Security Gateway
- P-662HW Series 802.11g Wireless ADSL2+ 4-port Security Gateway
- P-334WT 802.11g Wireless Firewall Routers (expected to be available in early May)
as well as many models being delivered in the near future. More information on MAP please contact http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.php?indexcate=1114767928&indexFlagvalue=1114767870 .
About ZyXEL Communications
ZyXEL Communications Co. (TSE: 2391), located in Hsinchu, Taiwan, is the world's largest DSL router provider (Gartner, July 2004). ZyXEL's broad line of Internet Protocol-based (IP) networking solutions includes access multiplexors, customer premise equipment, Internet security and Wireless LAN equipment, enabling high-performance network services for SOHO, small to mid-sized businesses and service providers. ZyXEL works closely with worldwide network equipment vendors, telecommunications companies, ISPs, and other major businesses. For more information, visit the company's Website at http://www.zyxel.com.