The Technical Support Engineer CSO & IT will be responsible for taking and logging technical support calls for a variety of networking and security products. They will use various support materials to gather information in conjunction with our customers to investigate and isolate problems, escalating problems beyond their technical capabilities to the Technical Support Manager where appropriate. They will need to work closely with the other colleagues and teams across Zyxel where appropriate. Contribute in all kind of initiatives running within Zyxel Support Campus to make it more valuable & drive the change.
The responsibilities of Technical Support Engineer CSO & IT include but not limited to:
1. Support Services:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to users from within Europe, answering support queries via all channels call, email, forum, social media etc…
- Participate in IT Helpdesk function
- Maintain a log of any problems detected and cause of errors.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Help in the creation and updating of documentation for each product.
- To test new codes and features on both existing and new hardware.
- Escalate problems to management and Headquarter support organization when necessary.
- To replicate problems with test equipment.
- Escalate issues on weekly basis to management.
- Monitoring of all IT platforms and systems, reacting to issues.
- Maintenance of Office 365 and the EMEA network; backup and backup maintenance.
2. Contribution to the Zyxel Group
- Contribute to the local team by helping other colleagues with their work and provide education and coaching to others where needed.
- Share expertise and experience with colleagues in the Zyxel group, especially colleagues in Zyxel Taiwan and in other European Support Campus locations.
3. Any other ad-hoc duties as required but not limited to
- Be able to deliver training and customer presentation when required.
- Provide support to the sale team in the form of pre-sales, and visit customer sites where and when appropriate (may require overnight stay over)
- Continuous development of technical knowledge by way of training camps, in house training and on the job learning to improve knowledge on product and technical expertise in general to better service our partners.
- Participate in Customer Service training and initiatives in order to build personal and team customer service performance.
- Be the technical contact for assigned partners
- Contribute in creating technical videos incl. showing one selves, posting technical threads on various online platforms
- Actively contribute in TECHtalk, to deliver technical discussions as a subject matter expert over video show & also represent ZYXEL in EMEA wide conferences when asked,
Experience, Knowledge and Skills required:
- Previous Helpdesk (telephone & email support) experience
- Degree level education IT related discipline is desirable.
- Experience of using call logging software.
- Excellent networking experience, TCP/IP knowledge, including practical experience with wireless, ADSL, LAN and WAN products
- Excellent knowledge of Switching (VLAN, 802.1p, 802.1q, 802.1w, QoS)
- Excellent Knowledge of Security (Firewalls, VPN)
- Excellent understanding of multiple desktop operation systems including Windows, Mac, Linux
- Experience of MS Office 365 applications.
- Excellent general computer literacy
- Fluency in English and any additional European language, such as Danish, French, Dutch or German (reading / writing / spoken).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent and clear telephone manner.
- Team player with sound self-motivation and drive.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A problem solver with a desire to see through to resolution.
- Full clean driving license.
Analytical, Attention to Detail, Communication, Composed, Customer Focus, Multitasking, Organising, Presentation Skills, Prioritisation, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Time Management, Technical Skills.
- Permanent employment
- Attractive professional environment with good prospects
- Flexible working time
- Employee benefits
- Collaboration in an agile team
- Modern workplace and communication infrastructure
This Job Description represents a statement of the duties of the position but is not exhaustive. It is inevitable that over time the nature of an individual job will change and existing duties may be lost or others gained without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. As a result, the Company will expect this job description to be subject to revision.
We look forward to receiving your application documents, preferably via e-mail to the e-mail address given below.