ZyXEL Prestige 316 and ZyAIR 100 Receive a 3/3 Review From HomeNetHelp.com
Placentia, CA, August 21, 2001 -- ZyXEL Communications Co., (TAI: 2391.TW), a pioneer provider of broadband access solutions, today announced that its Prestige 316 broadband sharing gateway with wireless LAN and ZyAir 100 PCMCIA card recently received a 3 out of possible 3 on reviews by Chris Kamenski, Executive Editor of HomeNetHelp.com.
HomeNetHelp.com is a web site that is devoted to home computer networking, connection sharing, easy to read product reviews and tutorials, vendor rebate lists, user forums, diagrams and more. "A positive review by a consumer product review publication is always a rewarding feeling for us," said Munira Brooks, Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Account Development at ZyXEL Communications Inc. "The consumer press is focused in on the needs and concerns of the buying public, and we know that we have succeeded when a respected publication such as HomeNetHelp recommends our products to his readers.
The Prestige 316 wireless LAN solution is designed for home or small business customers. Some of the features cited in the review where:
* Built-in natural NAT firewall, which provides the necessary security to keep people on the Internet from seeing your computer.
* Light HTML wizard for setup which is both easy to use and understandO Telnet features which allow a user to telnet to the 316's IP address to utilize more advanced configuration options
* Call Scheduling which allows a user to manually schedule connection times to a remote node
* Very powerful filtering capabilities for blocking specific clients, MAC addresses, NetBIOS packets and inbound or outbound port numbers.
Complete article about the Prestige 316 visit HomeNetHelp.com at http://www.homenethelp.com/web/review/zyxel-316.asp
The ZyAIR 100 PCMCIA Card is an 11mbps 802.11b card that plugs into any PCCard adaptor and provides access to the wireless Ethernet. Some of its features mentioned in HomeNetHelps review where:
* An access point browser, a feature that Mac users have had for years, but PC users have had trouble finding. The browser provides a utility to search for all active access points in the users area.
* A site survey tool to monitor frequencies in real-time. This allows the user to quickly determine which frequencies in the users area are the most powerful and have the least amount of interference,
* Diagnostics for testing point to point link quality
Complete article about the ZyAIR 100 visit HomeNetHelp.com at http://www.homenethelp.com/web/review/zyxel-zyair.asp
"The price and performance of these two products is what allowed HomeNetHelp to bestow a 3/3 rating on the 316 and ZyAIR 100. Consumers who buy these products will be very pleased with the quality and adaptability to their network needs" said Chris Kaminski, Editor HomeNetHelp.com.
HomeNetHelp (http://www.homenethelp.com) assists beginner to intermediate level consumers confused about setting up home networks. Step by step instructions, flowcharts, and easy to read reviews help people new to networking share files, printers, and their Internet connection. For more information about HomeNetHelp, contact Chris Kaminski, Editor (248) 396-8825 or visit http://www.homenethelp.com
About ZyXEL Communications
ZyXEL Communications Co. (TAI:2391.TW), located in Hsinchu, Taiwan, is Taiwan's leading broadband access solution provider. Products developed by ZyXEL over the years are not only industry leaders, but consistently win acclaim and are selected by worldwide telecommunications companies, ISPs, and other major businesses. ZyXEL now serves Chunghwa Telecom (TAI:2412.TW), Deutsche Telekom, EarthLink (NASDAQ: ELNK), France Telecom (NYSE:FTE), Sprint, Telefonica Brazil, Telenor, Verizon (NYSE: VZ) and many others. For more information on ZyXEL Communications, visit the company's Website at http://www.zyxel.com.