Zyxel Launches Portfolio of Switches Designed to Increase the Reliability of Surveillance Networks
New Managed and Unmanaged Switches Feature Extended Range and Continuous Power to Ease Deployment and Maximize Reliability of IP-Camera Networks
ANAHEIM, Calif.--(July 16, 2019)--Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of a complete portfolio of switches with new features specific to the surveillance market. The new switches are designed to ease the deployment and management of IP camera networks ranging from a few cameras to large, high-density environments.
The portfolio of Zyxel PoE surveillance switches includes the GS1300 series of 8-, 16- and 24-port unmanaged switches and GS1350 series of 5-, 8-, 16-, and 24-port managed switches. The new switches feature internal power supplies for easy installation and incorporate unique hardware and software features designed specifically to ease the deployment and management of IP camera deployments.
Benefits of the GS1300 and GS1350 series surveillance switches include:
- Extended Range Mode – Enables the deployment of IP cameras or other powered devices over long distances up to 820 feet (250 meters) using Cat5 cables.
- High PoE Power Budgets – Large power budgets ranging from 60W to 370W accommodate the requirement for powering multiple IP cameras.
- Continuous Power – IP cameras and surveillance devices are continually powered even in the event of a software update to the switch.
- Uplink Port – Gigabit uplink ports provide connectivity to the network without the need to occupy a PoE port.
- Auto camera recovery: Detect and recover failed IP-based cameras and other devices automatically with customizable granular parameters. Auto recovery greatly reduces the efforts required of network administrators to recover faulty surveillance devices.
- ESD protection: The patented design dramatically enhances the surge and ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection on each PoE port to guard the switch against damage and network instability due to ESD and lightning surges.
- One-Touch Restore: The one-touch "Restore" button resets the switch back to a user defined default configuration (instead of factory default).
“There is a gap in the market for network switches that address specific needs of the fast growing surveillance sector,” explained David Soares, Zyxel Executive Vice President Channel Sales and Marketing, EMEA and North America. “Network reliability is just as important as the surveillance cameras themselves. Our new line of surveillance switches has been designed from the ground up to optimize ease of installation, increase reliability and lower network management costs.”
The GS1300 and GS1350 series surveillance switches include (with street pricing):
- GS1300-10HP 8-Port GbE Unmanaged PoE Switch with GbE Uplink - $179.99
- GS1300-18HP 16-Port GbE Unmanaged PoE Switch with GbE Uplink - $249.99
- GS1300-26HP 24-Port GbE Unmanaged PoE Switch with GbE Uplink - $349.99
- GS1350-6HP 5-Port GbE Managed PoE Switch with GbE Uplink - $169.99
- GS1350-12HP 8-Port GbE Managed PoE Switch with GbE Uplink - $259.99
- GS1350-18HP 16-Port GbE Managed PoE Switch with GbE Uplink - $399.99
- GS1350-26HP 24-Port GbE Managed PoE Switch with GbE Uplink - $499.99
Zyxel, a pioneer in IP technology for over two decades and trusted brand for over 30 years, provides a complete portfolio of multi-service LTE, fiber and DSL broadband gateways, home connectivity solutions, smart home devices and enterprise-class Ethernet switches, security and Wi-Fi equipment for small to mid-size businesses. Zyxel offers integrated, interoperable network solutions based on open standards. Headquartered in Anaheim, California, Zyxel offers its partners service-rich solutions backed by a domestic team of logistic, sales, and technical support professionals.