Stackable Layer 3 Managed Switches with 10G Uplinks Ideal for High-Density, Demanding Networking Environments Such As Schools, Hotels, and Businesses
ANAHEIM, Calif.- Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of the XGS4600 Series 28-port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Switches with 4 SFP+ Uplinks. Available in Gigabit Ethernet and SFP versions, these premium switches provide a high-performance, reliable, and affordable solution for managing bandwidth-intensive networks in demanding environments such as businesses, hotels and schools.
The stackable XGS4600 series switches come in both RJ45 Ethernet Copper Ports or Gigabit Ethernet Fiber SFP versions to support both copper and fiber deployments. The XGS4600-32, which features 24 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 ports, is ideal for deployments with existing copper Ethernet that require 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink speeds to support high bandwidth applications. The XGS4600-32F is ideal for fiber deployments in a building or for ISPs looking to provide Gigabit Fiber to the premise, home or office and provides 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports to eliminate bottlenecks in the core network. Both switches deliver a switching capacity of 136 Gbps and include four Gigabit Ethernet combo (RJ-45/SFP) ports and four 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ slots for congestion-free, high-speed uplink connections.
Key Benefits of the XGS4600 Series Switches
- High Availability – Physical stacks can be created through one or two 10 Gigabit SFP+ slots to implement fault-tolerant networks; up to four units or 112 Gigabit ports can be configured as a stack and managed as a single switch using optional direct-attach cables or transceivers; stacking topology under the ring architecture provides high-redundancy in case one of the stacking links fails; active-standby power redundancy triggers backup power supply in the event of main power supply failure.
- Advanced Layer 3 Features – Dynamic routing simplifies cross-subnet communications in complex networks; Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing capabilities; stackable switches enlarge network coverage and improve network resilience.
- Flexible Management, Future-Proof – Manageable via Command Line Interface or an intuitive Web-based GUI; supports IPv4- and IPv6-based infrastructures to support future network upgrade requirements.
About Zyxel Communications
- 1,500 passionate associates worldwide
- 100 million devices creating global connections
- 700,000 businesses working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 150 global markets served