The Four Points by Sheraton Sihlcity Zürich recently decided that to better service its international guests it would need to modernize its wireless Internet service. With the assistance of local IT specialist Swisspro, a plan was created to meet the challenges presented by an increasing number of mobile clients and their changing user demands. Such demands often involved the use of multiple bandwidth-intensive applications, which on the old network could create data bottlenecks and degrade performance. In the hotel’s seminar facilities, it was necessary to support a high number of concurrent users, while in the guest rooms a robust, high-performance wireless network would allow the hotel to offer streaming entertainment as part of its accommodation package. Thanks to a WLAN solution based on ZyXEL hardware, a successful solution was implemented.
- NXC5200 Business Wireless LAN Controller
- NWA5123-NI 802.11 a/b/g/n Dual-Radio Unified Access Point
- NWA5160N Wireless N Business WLAN Managed Access Point
- GS1910 Series Smart Managed PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- XGS-4728F L3 Managed stackable Gigabit Ethernet Switch