ZyXEL Support Policy and Resource Guide
ZyXEL provides free Web-based customer support and firmware renewal. Phone technical support requests placed during normal business hours (8am to 5pm PST) are free of charge until the product's warranty has expired. Affordable fee-based prescheduled technical support is also available anytime to enable you to complete mission critical tasks. In addition, ZyXEL products include two years 1 hardware warranty that extends our free phone technical support services to further reduce your ownership cost.
Support options: ZyXEL offers a range of support options to meet your needs 2 . If you purchased the ZyXEL product from another region, you will need to contact that region's office for support. For a list of ZyXEL support centers in your region please click here. Below, please find a list of additional services that may be available to you:
1) Web based support: You may find the answer you need in the following online resources:
Knowledge base: http://www.zyxel.com/web/support_knowledgebase.php
Download library: http://www.us.zyxel.com/Support/Download-Library.aspx
2) Free phone technical support for the product under warranty. Prior to contacting ZyXEL technical support, you should have the following information available:
- Model number and serial number.
- Definition of the problem in detail.
- Firmware / Software version.
- Appropriate configuration, log, and/or debug data.
- Current network topology (not required but highly recommended for speeding up the troubleshooting process).
- The remote access for ZyXEL engineers to log into the hardware, if required.
Free phone technical support is provided during Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm pacific standard time. Or customer can contact ZyXEL support team via email 24/7.
By Phone: 800-255-4101. (Press Option 5 for Technical Support)
By Email: email@example.com
3) Fee-based support (provided during off hours): If you are planning to install or troubleshot a complex application outside of free support hours, this option is for you. ZyXEL provides affordable appointment-based support for $80 per hour. You will be assisted only by a senior Tier II engineer to better help you to resolve technical difficulties. To schedule the service you must contact ZyXEL Technical Support at least one business day ahead of the time.
Resolution Procedure: A ZyXEL technical support specialist (TSS) will utilize all available resources to provide a resolution. When a resolution is not available at the time, the technician will look for a workaround with a reasonable cost-effective method until a resolution is available.
In order to keep you informed of the progress on all open issues, the TSS will update the case notes and provide you a case number at the end of the call. If you submit the issue via email, you can request a case number. The customer will need this number if you contact Technical Support over the phone in the future. Customers are required to provide the case number when the case is regarding an ongoing or persistent issue.
As part of the resolution process, the TSS may take any of the following steps and the customer is expected to follow TSS instructions to achieve the best results:
- Review configuration/debug information to find resolution.
- Remove the networked equipment to isolate the root cause.
- Duplicate the scenario/issue in the ZyXEL support lab.
- Troubleshoot live on the affected equipment.
- Create an RMA where the cause of a problem is related to hardware issue or to relieve doubt that the hardware may be causing the issue, but no issues were found during the troubleshooting process. Create an Engineering Defect Report when is a firmware/software defect.
Case Escalation Process: Customers can request the case be escalated to next tier of support group or to a supervisor if Tier I TSS not able to provide a satisfactory result. A case can be escalated by the TSS handling your case upon request or you can submit the request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the case number. All ongoing escalated cases are monitored by a duty manager until the case closed, if customers have any concern or comment regarding the escalated cases, please email email@example.com so we can better address your needs.
Defect Resolution Process: Any software/firmware product defects (bugs) found in the field will be reported to headquarters' engineering team.
TSS will work with the customer to find whether or not a workaround is available and update the customer with a possible timeline of resolution.
After the software/firmware issue is resolved, typically the update will be found in the next software/firmware release. If a firmware/software solution is needed in before formal firmware/software update, the TSS can work with customer to determine if a beta release can be provided.
RMA Process: When a hardware failure is found to be the cause of the problem, or when TSS decides a hardware repair/replacement is needed to rule out the possibility of hardware defects, TSS will create an RMA.
Once the RMA process is initiated, TSS will send the customer an RMA application form. The form contains detailed instructions and policies to ensure quick delivery. After the RMA application is completed and submitted, TSS will provide the customer an RMA number. Returns without an RMA number are refused, causing a delay in the process. Customers are responsible for shipping costs for the return of the defective product. Repaired or replaced units are shipped with two day shipping free of charge. Overnight shipping is also available for US customers for an additional charge.
ZyXEL's RMA Department will carefully test and evaluate all returned products, and will repair or replace products that are under warranty at no charge. (Any acts of nature or conditions of misuse are not covered under warranty.) When ZyXEL cannot duplicate the problem or condition causing the return, the unit will be returned to the customer as-is.
After ZyXEL receives the defective unit, the typical turnaround time is two business days (multiple units may require up to 5 business days.) plus the time for deliver. The replacement product will be carefully selected to match the condition of original product. In the event that the product has been terminated or there is a lack of replacement parts, ZyXEL reserves the right to replace the malfunction product with a product of similar or better features and functionality.
In the event the advance RMA is issued, the RMA Returns Policy requires customers to return the defective parts to ZyXEL Networks within 30 days of receipt of the replacement unit, or the customer will be billed for the unit at full purchase price.
If the status of a previously issued RMA is needed, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The customer should state that an RMA number is required in the email.
Forum policy: All users are welcome to utilize the forum to exchange experience, comments and questions regarding to ZyXEL products and services. ZyXEL support engineers also actively join the discussion. However, the forum is not meant to be an official channel for technical support. If you are seeking official technical support, please contact our support team via phone or email.